Ingredients for 4 people
100 grams butter
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin in seed or ground form
2 leeks, cut into rings
200 ml coconut milk
1 sweet potato, cut in 2 cm cubes
600 ml stock
Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- Melt the butter, add the spices and fry briefly until they release their aroma.
- Add the leek and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the stock, sweet potato and coconut milk and bring to a boil with the lid on the pot.
- Heat through for a few minutes and put the pot with its lid on in the EcoStoof®.
- After 20 minutes, take the pot out of the EcoStoof® and blend the soup.
- Serve in pre-warmed bowls or soup plates and enjoy!
Tip: Reserve a few bits of leeks at the preparation stage to garnish your soup later.
Adapted from a recipe by Sharon de Miranda, head chef at BinnensteBuiten