Make your own EcoStoof® for personal use.
Are you skilled with a sewing machine? And have you got a tight budget? Then we'd be happy to help you make your own EcoStoof®, so that as many people as possible can save energy when cooking! PLEASE NOTE: we grant you permission to make an EcoStoof® for your own use only. Reproduction is prohibited under intellectual property law.
EcoStoof® has been registered as a trademark and design with the Benelux Office for Intellectual Property (BOIP) as well as with the European Union Intellectual Property Office, EUIPO. It is in any case prohibited to use the EcoStoof®, or the EcoStoof® model, without the written permission of the trademark holder and design rights holder. Any infringement will be submitted to the competent court.
Making the EcoStoof® for your personal use.
The EcoStoof®'s insulation is based on heat reflection and heat insulation. The silver lamé is for heat reflection and the filling and felt are for heat insulation.
What do you need?
For the main body:
1 circle felt, 70 cm in diameter
1 circle linen, 70 cm in diameter
1 circle felt 50 cm in diameter
1 circle silver lamé 30 cm in diameter
For the cuff:
1 strip felt 2 m x 14 cm
1 strip linen 2 m x 14 cm
2m x 2 cm wide bias binding
For the lid:
2 circles felt 32 cm in diameter
1 circle linen 32 cm in diameter
1 circle silver lamé 32 cm in diameter
For the base
1 cork place mat
500 grams recycled textile fibre (from an old sleeping bag, for example)
50 grams of which for each pocket and 100 grams for the lid
2 m strong cord
1 cord lock
2 cord ends
- Fold the 70 cm linen circle in half, and repeat twice more to make eight segments. Press the folds with an iron to make sharp lines.
- Unfold the large linen circle and lay flat on the table. Centre the silver lamé circle on top of it. Then centre the cork place mat on the silver lamé and finally place the 70 cm felt circle on top. Pin around the edge of the cork place mat. Stitch the layers in place.
- Stitch 8 seams on the lines of the radial folds through all fabric layers. End the seams 4 cm from the cork base.
- Now fill the pockets with the recycled textile fibres. Each pocket gets 50 grams worth. Pin the tops closed.
- Now take the cuff strips. Turn the short ends of each long strip under by 1 cm. Pin and stitch the linen and the felt to the outside and inside of the main body respectively. Make sure that the folds are on the outside.
- Fold the cuff upwards and stitch closed. Finish with the bias binding. Now stitch a horizontal seam through the middle of the entire cuff.
- Lay the lid pieces on top of each other: 1 layer of linen, 2 layers of felt and 1 layer of silver lamé. Stitch them together around the outside with a 1 cm seam allowance. Leave a 10 cm opening. Now turn inside out so the felt layers are in the middle. Fill with the remaining filling. Now stitch the lid closed and attach it to the main body, just beneath the cuff.
- Thread the cord through the cuff in the channel beneath the horizontal seam. Add a cord stopper and two cord ends and the EcoStoof® is ready for use.
Free EcoStoof® recipes
Would you like some more free recipes? Get our free e-book with 4 original EcoStoof® recipes now.
Sign up today!