Ingredients for 4 people
275 grams couscous
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, cut in pieces
2 tablespoons of organic shakshuka spices (paprika, cumin and chili powder)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 red peppers, cut into 1 cm pieces
1 courgette, cubed
6 tomatoes, diced
1 680 gram bottle of tomato passata
Freshly-ground pepper and salt to taste
1 bunch of parsley to garnish
- Soften the onion in the olive oil, add the shakshuka spices and fry until the spices release their flavours.
- Add the garlic, followed by the pepper and courgette.
- Fry while stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and passata and bring to a boil while stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Carefully break an egg over the sauce making sure the yolk stays whole. Repeat with all the eggs.
- Put the lid on the pot and heat until the lid is hot.
- Place it in the EcoStoof® for half an hour or more.
- In the meantime, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
- Plate the couscous and shakshuka and garnish with the parsley.