Adapted from a recipe by Janneke Vreugdenhil
1 kg white asparagus
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
125 ml peanut oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
½ tablespoon capers, roughly chopped
1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped herbs (preferably a mixture of chervil, tarragon and parsley)
- Peel the asparagus with a cheese slicer. Don't use a vegetable peeler!
- Put the asparagus and two whole eggs in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute with the lid on the pot.
- Transfer the pot to the EcoStoof® for 20 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the pot and plunge into cold water to cool. Peel and halve.
- Remove the yolks and place in a bowl with the mustard, vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the oil while beating continuously, first in small drops and then in a thin stream until a thick mayonnaise has formed.
- Chop the egg whites coarsely and mix them into the sauce with the capers and herbs.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly-milled pepper.
- Lay the asparagus on a plate and serve the sauce gribiche in a small bowl alongside.